Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday Dream Scheme

And this week it's a colorway challenge.  The colors are teal and yellow, chosen by Dream Teamer Kristi, so let's get started.


I've been trying to duplicate the lime green/muted violet colors of a hydrangea I saw at the San Francisco Flower Mart without much success until it occurred to me that using yellow matte embossing paste might give me the background I needed to achieve the soft colors I was looking for.  I began by paste embossing the hydrangea stencil (LJ888) with yellow matte embossing paste.  After allowing for drying time, I repositioned the clean stencil and added color with Splendor inks by Tsukineko. 

I've embossed several other floral stencils with the yellow paste – some on colored card stock, others on white or cream and a few on patterned paper – and can't wait to color them. 

After visiting the other Dream Team blogs, get to work and show us your take on the teal and yellow color challenge by linking your creation on the DREAM it UP! blog.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Happy Crafting,
Liz





9 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Liz!!! You did a good job. Looks like we all had to think outside the box to create the teal and yellow challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Liz. I really find that the matte yellow is perfect for muting the colors that you stencil over it. It adds a beautiful warm glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Liz. I just love that hydrangea stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz as you know I love this stencil, this is such a beautiful card. I love the softness the matte yellow paste gave this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, your flower came out great. I think the yellow matte paste is overlooked a lot, but it gives such a great base for so many things. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh, I have hydrangeas that look just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...Pam, I have never seen that kind of hydrangea...amazing colors. And the layering is so strikingly yellow and teal. Great interpretation of Kristi's colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awsome card Liz, great stencil!

    ReplyDelete