Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Dream Scheme Sketch Challenge

Thanks for joining us for another Dream Scheme Sketch Challenge.  This week's sketch is by team member, Lee Kellogg.   
 
In keeping with the Easter theme, I chose the large bunny stencil (LM2008) and Happy Easter (LM234).  Each line of the sentiment was machine embossed separately on Core'dinations Chocolate Box Berries Jubilee and sanded.  The top and bottom edges were torn to reveal the paper's pink core and to provide the layers in the sketch.  For the bunny, I adhered a piece of double stick paper on to pick cardstock.  After applying Dreamweaver's Handmade Hawaiian Soap to the back of the stencil, I positioned it on the sticky paper and applied bronze Glitter Ritz Microfine glitter and rubbed it in with my finger.  I placed the paper stencil side down on the table and, while holding the stencil to keep it from bending, pulled of the paper.  I then applied Glitter Ritz transparent cool highlight glitter to the rest of the exposed sticky paper and rubbed that in as well.   The transparent glitter allowed the pale pink of the background paper to show through.


Be sure to check the other Dream Team blogs for inspiration and then link your project on the Dreamweaver blog, DREAM it UP!

Happy Easter,
Liz

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable Liz! Love the color combo too! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...the bunny wins this week. Loving your guy with the double glitter technique and those colors together are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH CHOCOLATE BUNNIES!!! Liz your bunny is especially scrumpcious with all that glitter. I love all the pink and brown great color slection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bunny with the brown and pink for Easter. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a perfect way to use the sketch! Love the pink and brown. Why do I suddenly want a chocolate bunny? Hmmm...and pink jelly beans...and... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww.....fabulous Liz!! I love this. I hope you are well!! I can't wait to see you again. I miss my Dream Team sista's!!!! We should have a retreat!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. It has a fantastic color scheme, too. I love the use of the coredinations with it! It DOES remind me of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete