Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday Multitasking

Today's post is a two-for-one special!  Dreamweaver Stencils is this week's sponsor at Cardabilities and the Dream Team's Thursday Challenge is a turquoise/brown/kraft brown/neutral color challenge, so I decided to bring you a sketch and colorway challenge a day early.  Have I confused you yet?  Don't worry, it's pretty easy and a lot of fun.  Here's a way to really get the creative juices flowing. 

Here's the sketch                                                    and the card





I began by dry embossing the Big Dots background stencil (LJ 804) and the cupcakes (LL551) on white cardstock.  Before removing the cupcake stencil, I colored them with Shiva Artist's Paint sticks (Winter and Spring iridescent tri-color sets were used on this card).  I haven't used paint sticks in a while and I had forgotten how much I liked the subtle shimmer of the iridescent sticks.  They are a nice touch for a more masculine card without going overboard.  I think they'd be great on the Easter egg stencils (LG685 and LM253).  The dot background was cut to size and edged with the chisel point of a coordinating Copic marker.  

Bonus:   There are three cupcakes on this stencil, so change the colors and sentiment to suit your needs and you'll have three cards ready to go.

Ready to play along?  Check the Cardabilities  and Dreamweaver blogs as well as those of the Design Team and get to work.  We're looking forward to seeing what you can do!  Keep in mind that some members of the Design Team are posting different projects today and tomorrow and some of us are multitasking, so be sure to check back tomorrow for more inspiration.

I'm off to the Craft and Hobby Association's trade show this weekend to meet many of the Design Team members and spend time in the Dreamweaver booth.  Until next week, 
Happy crafting,
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Hey Liz....what a darling card. Love those die cuts they make cardmaking more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cupcake Liz! Have a BLAST at CHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz... I love cupcakes, this card is really cute. I haven't used paint sticks in such along time, I think I may need to get some new ones and play. Have fun at CHA and maybe we can get together sometime as soon as this cast comes off.

    ReplyDelete