Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday Dream Schemes Designer's Choice

I know it's a busy time for all of us, but thank you for stopping by and spending some time with us to see what we've created for you. 

Before you know it, the first birthdays of the year will be rolling around and, while I always have a stash of cards for the women in our family, the men are a little harder.  This one, using Dreamweaver Stencils LJ845 (Bamboo) and LL537 (Tiki God) is just right!

First, I positioned the Bamboo stencil on white card stock (cut slightly longer than the stencil) and applied Splendor ink.  On a smaller piece of card stock, I positioned the Tiki God stencil and applied black matte embossing paste.  When that was dry, I repositioned the clean stencil over the black paste and applied a layer of crackle paste, removed and cleaned the stencil and left the image to dry.    While the Tiki God was drying, I went back to the Bamboo image and applied a layer of Mudd Puddles sand paste to mimic a beach scene.  When the Tiki God had dried and crackled (a wonderful effect, almost like magic), I repositioned the clean stencil and used pastels to color him.   I then cut out the Tiki God and attached him using adhesive on the bottom and dimensional adhesive on the top to make him stand away from the bamboo.   By attaching the image to the left of the green card stock, there's enough room to stamp a greeting of your choice, be it birthday greetings, party invitation, get well, or just thinking of you. 

Be sure to visit the other designer's blogs listed on the right and don't forget to post your creation using Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up blog

Thanks for spending time with us, and we look forward to sharing more with you in the new year.

Happy Holidays,
Liz

4 comments:

  1. I love this stencil and what you did with it. The crackle paste is so fun to use and it works so well with the pastels. I think a Christmas present to myself might be getting some of those pan Pastels. Have a Merry Christmas and I hope we can get together in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is unbelievable, I have seen it in person and can testify personally LIz...great card. Loving the crackle on that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Liz. I am really impressed you created a card with so many different techniques when it's such a busy time. Great card.

    ReplyDelete